RSS FEED

Of Poetry and Passion

The beginnings of my motions
upon the poetic stage,
began long ago
in my youthful age.

But the stirrings of passion
within my mortal shards,
began but a while ago
with the breaking of my heart.

Amidst the chatterings
of friendly acquaintance,
In vain I tried
to gain her attention.

Until after a spell
of awful silence,
did she inquire
as to my intentions.

"Nothing and everything" I replied
leaving her question unanswered,
"ah, the poet speaks"
was the response she tendered.

Thus I lay my aching heart
delicately upon the line,
whispering to her ears
my tales of love sublime.

"I'm flattered" she replied
but to her I am just a friend,
I took it all in stride
but my heart will never ever mend.

In the well of my emotions
is a wound that disappoints,
the rejections of love
a pain that never ends.

I once heard of this
a tale told by friends,
"you must be hurt"
"before you can lift the writer's pen".

0 postcards:

Post a Comment

Return top