RSS FEED

A Soldier To your Heart

I might be just a normal man
but in the matters of the heart
I am a soldier born
a warrior by nature bred

Meek I might be in demeanour
weak in physical stature
but if you ever ever call
I will be a soldier to your heart

I need no drums no trumpets
no flutes nor bagpipes to blare
just a note of your sweer sweet laughter
leads me to arms and into any dare

I might not be a Rambo
but my enemies beware
my hands my mind my countenance
are weapons beyond compare

I might not be in the Marines
but just by your simple "hi"
to the halls of Montezuma
and Tripoli's shores would I swim by

I might not be in the Rangers
but call me if you want
I would race to lead the way
into death if that is your whim

I might not be an Airborne Trooper
but I would drop out of any sky
to whatever place should you choose
under silk parachute would I rendezvous

Upon your word on your every request
give me an order and I will salute "Yes Ma'am"
for you I am ever a soldier
for your heart is my supreme commander.

0 postcards:

Post a Comment

Return top