RSS FEED

I Bid Death, Goodbye That Day

As I wait here, dying
consumed by cell-eating curse
subsumed by ever present fears
I pondered to mind, my ending.

To perchance lift, the uncertain veil
gently slipping into oblivion
nimbly leaving this borrowed vision
to wake from dreams, of living still.

But as I stood, upon the cliffs
preparing to jump the edge
preparing to end this charade
into my mind, a fancy drifts.

Of all things, a coloured butterfly
that lived beyond the caterpillar
that lived once and no longer
it never paused to ponder, but lived and die.

Past and future, we can forget
the past is over far and behind
the future is yet to be defined
but for our own, the present begets.

The truth in life, an endless challenge
in living we learn to face them
in living we learn to solve them
and always, we taste the change.

Both the bitter, the very sweet
the footprints that life makes
the memories that living creates
these are the things, that makes life complete.

Even if it is, I am to die
from this condition unasked for
from this pain ever more
if this is fate, I'll face it eye to eye.

It is better, than to grieve
to taste and feel what I can of life
to taste and feel of what might have
so when I die, I'll remember that I have lived.

I bid death, goodbye that day
promising to return, when it is my time
promising to live my allotted span
say hello to life, and be on my way.

0 postcards:

Post a Comment

Return top