RSS FEED

The Impertinent Heart

It is not by fault
that I do see
glittering stardust
in her eyes

nor by conscience
that I wilt
before the warmness
of her smile

is it fate?
or by default?
a quest that I
am on myself

to unravel out
this escapade
a rebellious heart's
unintended beats

it was not by will
nor by design
I who spurned
tenderness' touch

one who stripped
out all and dared
to cage sentiment
have it expunged

but here I am
in this puddled state
melted and poured
into a mold I hate

that impertinent
sing-song in my smile
that tip top tapping
in my steps

I am an artist
didactically culled
his inspiration
cruelly hijacked

the only picture
I can now paint
is a mirage
I dare not enact

while it does echo
a familiar bliss
it hides a story
that pain still kiss

one drowned by hope
and scarred by dreams
reason's lesson
not to temp fate

perchance I silence
this tall tale
before it returns me
to that painted place.

let it bury
and lie it deep
return to status
'Quo Vadis' my heart?

0 postcards:

Post a Comment

Return top