RSS FEED

You and I


I...

am 'as- s'ahraa al-jaaf'
parched for centuries

a 'musafir' who wanders
scarred by journeys

meditating answers
the 'diin' of 'hayati'

rummaging to find
the 'nur' of 'ilahi'


YOU...

are 'wadi al-hub'
my desert spring

the 'bayt' that tugs
a wanderer's heart strings

the 'nur' and 'fael'
of dreams and meaning

the 'istikharah'
to my soul's waiting.


WE...

are the confluence
two 'ruh' that meets

the 'adam' and 'hawa'
this 'jannah' love built

a 'baitullah' that sits
as you and I await

to greet each other
'zawj' to 'zawja' by deed.

5 postcards:

Miss Pathetic Poet

Assalamualaikum..and hi there..I really like your writings and poems.The way you construct your words are really beautiful and enticing. By the way, I really like your postings about Becoming Jane and also your view about poetry. Keep writing..

Baronhawk

Dear MiSs PaTheTiC PoEt,

Mualaikumsalam,

Thanks for the vote of confidence, I am glad that you enjoy my work.

Sincerely,

Hazlan.

Anonymous

Cute one. Like it.

Anonymous

As a humble lover of beautiful words and ideas, I really like this poem, Haz!

Baronhawk

Dear Sheena, as a tinker of words and thinker of ideas I am glad that they a well received, both the words... and the idea.

Post a Comment

Return top