RSS FEED

Chapters, Paragraphs and Numbered Lines

I live my life by chapters
paragraphs and numbered lines
reading have always been
a cherished and favourite pastime of mine
among those whose works I've read
Shakespeare's tomes doth really outshine

my favourite character was Hamlet
for he was my one and only friend
He was probably the only person
who had soliloquies as long as mine
for my mind is never resting
always roving, thinking all the time

Caesar was to me a brethren
for we are both betrayed in the end
trust is always a commodity
that is almost impossible to find
so never invest in virtues
for your demise will be close at hand

The Merchant of Venice does verily reveal
how unfairness in the world is clearly defined
there might not always be a happy ending
so always be wary of that helpful lend
for no one ever does anything
lest there's something to tip their hand

Macbeth is a kindred many times removed
a reminder of ambition, it's rent and dues
we all have trod on others
to reach our vaunted stand
beware the wrath of vengence
for it will come to claim us hence

Richard the Third was a villian
but a friend to me nonetheless
an honest and true depiction
of life's unequal thrusts
you just have to play the hand
that's dealt by life's bequest

Henry the Fifth was one
of the most beloved of kings
the one who won his war
to France and Britain unity did bring
"once more into the breach" a glorified call to arms
"we few, we happy few" of those by glory wreathed

Much Ado About Nothing
a familiar take on things
the world is often focused
on things that meant naught at all
perchance our worldly cares are as light as the story tells
alas our tales are darker with consequences deadlier still

King Lear's was an awful tale
of life's bitter realities
greatness doesn't always mean
a happy and pleasant eternity
sometimes we will live to see
our life's work falling to entropy

I live my life by chapters
paragraphs and numbered lines
reading is still a passion
that to me is totally sublime
among those whose works I've read
Shakespeare's tomes doth really cling to mind.

0 postcards:

Post a Comment

Return top