RSS FEED

Waiting

Head buried pillows squashed
curled in goose down 'Toto' covers
tornadoes roam unsettled stomach
sinking feel temperature-less heart

within the vacuumed eye of storm
tick-tock beats and cringed up fear
hopeful dreamt-up schoolboy smiles
coyly glancing shy yet sly

spin rhythm dizzy go round
light headed no echoes no sound
fingers slick sweat off keypad
old "Nokia" grins nervous, anticipating

heart laid out digital slices
broadcasted words tapped out emotions
Maxis SMS gmail confessions
neck chopping block and love's guillotine

"yes" "no" "you're just a friend"
"I love you too" "come take my hand"
"I care for you" "but not like that"
"I have been waiting" "for just those words"

words! words! words! come kill me now
tear off my head or break my heart
or save me hold me through all this toil
your porcelain hands my rough hewed paws

I cannot bear this tell tale heart
these fretful days awake at night
come rescue me or let me fall
don't leave me waiting for your call.

3 postcards:

bahazain

ASM Sdr Hazlan
What a fantastic imagination you have, and varietries of vocab too. Terkejut juga lihat stail pengucapan puisi sdr yang padat dan penuh tenaga.
Blog bukan saja medium mutakhir tetapi satu fenomena tentang socio-cultural consciousness baru. Pembaca terdedah kepada terlalu banyak ruang maya dan sukar menyaring mana yang sihat dan mana yg memudaratkan.Yang penting bloggers must not only possess intellectual and emotional IQ, but also the akhlak IQ (always in the name of God ). We will be in the right path among the wrong ones.

azlishukri

It very good poem that i had read, ramai yang kurang mengerti betapa kuatnya kuasa bahasa...

Ben

a poem and a story untold.
nicely written.

Post a Comment

Return top