RSS FEED

An Island I Call Mine

In a sea,
as wide as it can be.
Beyond land,
as far as I can.
Through the shoals,
where waves are out of control.
Over reefs,
many a sailor's grief.

There it stands,
an island I call mine.
Where I am king,
over one and everything.
Trespass not,
or you shall likely be shot.
This I swear,
for all witnesses to bear.

Beyond time,
here will I refine.
A heart of hate,
doomed by unfeeling fate.
A tortured mind,
consigned to twisted rhymes.
My revenge,
will be at thy expense.

Here I stand,
upon these blackened sands.
On these shores,
I plot to even scores.
Harken to me,
for you will all soon see.
All will rue,
the day I claim my dues.

Fate is never kind,
so take what you can find.
The world is never fair,
it belongs to those who dare.
I summon the clouds of storm,
to wreathe my once gentle form.
Lightning shall now dance,
where trust once walked in front.

Woe betide dismay,
I wish upon all today.
Crushed shall be all joys,
no more laughters after my ploys.
Fear and brutal dreams,
I forge and build to brim.
From this island my domain,
I shall bind you all to pain.

0 postcards:

Post a Comment

Return top