RSS FEED

I Walk The Streets At Night


I walk the lonely streets at night
perusing the tell-tales of life
slowly borrowing the sights
window to window and door to door.

Such Visions my only respite
for fate does tend to deprive
the flavours of simple delights
the warmth that love does adore.

Out cold on the pavement I sit
looking in through the mirrored veils
the laughter that others partake
are but echoes on stones that disappear.

Whatever was for me to keep
are shadows wreathed in darkness deeper still
like clouds in the wind's violent wake
and the drops of a vanishing tear.

What views that I ever survey
are but moments lost in a dream
every touch that I though I did feel
are suspended beyond all my grasps.

My wishes grew beyond this grey
hoping to be on the other side of the gleam
for colours to brighten my faded reel
and whispers teaching me how to laugh.

But I still wander the streets at nights
without doors nor windows to open for me
for in the cold on the pavements I sit
without hope nor the warmth of a love.

The avenues are all locked up tight
what ever is there for a soul that is me
forever dancing the night's silent beat
wishing at the moon and the stars far above.

0 postcards:

Post a Comment

Return top