RSS FEED

From Child To Man

In infancy I was born with stars in my eyes
a curiosity well formed and a thirst for discovery
my tomorrows were of hope and promises that lasts
never on my own for I thrived in company.

As a kid I became a student of humanity
learning all I could from examples before me
in lessons handed down from the dawn of history
soaking up all I hear and everything that I can see.

In my youth I learned that even stars will die
curiosity will thaw out slaked by reality
my hopes were aloof and promises hard to come by
sifting through friends for trust is a rarity.

As a teen I explored the bounds of possibilities
testing potentials and marking my boundary
through the turbulence of fate and its pecularities
I began to shape my thoughts and my identity.

In manhood I know well to keep my eyes on the ground
curiosity killed the cat and upset the applecart
for hope oft disappoints and promises are empty sounds
alone and on my own a balm to my bleeding heart.

As an adult I have felt the bitter pangs of defeat
having tasted my own blood after I was punched by fate
stumbling along upon my wobbly and tired feet
I brace for my impact on to mortality's gate.

0 postcards:

Post a Comment

Return top