RSS FEED

A Galaxy of Stars

In vain I once hoped
to hold together this sprinkling of stars
Trying hard to grab hold
of a past that's gone too far.

In envy I once desired
to keep close these sparks of light
To always look above
and never be alone at night.

In selfishness I once tried
to anchor them at bay.
Keeping all their lights
in the province where I stay.

Alas, for all my deeds
are but whispers in the winds.
In the face of the world
and destiny's stormy whims.

Upon the velvet of the night
floating on celestial streams.
Spreads the stars out of sight
into their places into dreams.

I stood alone on the ramparts
a heavy sadness in my soul.
To see dear friends drift apart
to the four corners of the world.

But then I was awakened
from the reverie of my plight.
For my skies have not darkened
I can still see their points of light.

Rejoice! I did indeed
for I know that they are still here.
not as near as they once did
but just enough to still my fears.

Even in the vast reaches of space
the stars are still close to my heart.
They shine like torches brightly lit
spreading good cheer to distant parts.

In the place of memories I will still find
this galaxy of stars, this gathering of friends.
All I have to do to remember those times
is to look up at night to my dear dear friends.

0 postcards:

Post a Comment

Return top